The Pfeifer House is one of the few restaurants with true historic ties to Tahoe. Beginning as an inn in 1939, in 1954 it started its path as a German restaurant and continued on this journey in 1972 with new owner Franz Fassbener, a culinary Gold Medal winner. Fassbener passed away in 2012, but his family continues the passion of bringing quality German food to the Tahoe area. Its ambiance is old-school German, with authentic knickknacks to bring the feeling home. The menu includes European favorites such as strudel, schnitzel and bratwurst with sauerkraut. The bar also offers authentic Tahoe and German drinks. For example, the German Sidecar made of Asbrack brandy, Cointreau and lemon juice with a sugar rim is served, as is the Tahoe Blue Margarita created from Milagro silver tequila, Blue Curacao, agave nectar and fresh lime juice.
The Pfeifer House
760 River Road, Tahoe City, CA